We love love LOVE grilled fish. In summer there are more variety to choose from and the dorade we got last week was just so fresh - smelling of the sea, firm and the eyes were sharp and clearer than the sky in July!
The weather really sucks lately and we have put our BBQ back in the garage. So the cravings for grilled fish was soothed with something baked instead. This is a quick, simple route to fish perfection - as long as you begin with the freshest product ;-)
2 dorades - as fresh as you can get
2 carrot sticks - or 5 baby carrots
fresh thyme, oregano and parsley from the garden
salt and pepper
1. Slice all the vegetable and arrange on a baking tray. Add the herbs and garlic.
2. Clean the fish and pat dry and wash the insides with vermouth or white wine. Place the fish on the bed of veggies.
3. Season the fish with salt and pepper.
4. Add the sliced tomatoes on the fish.
5. Drizzle with olive oil.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
7. Serve with a salad of your choice and baked or boiled potatoes.